The Voyager Encounters is a fascinating tour of Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune — conducted by the cameras and instruments onboard the Voyager spacecraft.
The educational focus of The Voyager Encounters is to present the discoveries made by the Voyager spacecraft at the gas giant planets, their moons, and ring systems. The show uses a set of multi-disciplinary themes in physical sciences, Earth and space sciences, and history of science. These ideas are woven together with images and help relate the information presented in the show to the lives of students, families, and the general public.
Narrated by Patrick Stewart, Captain Jean-Luc Picard of Star Trek movies and TV.
Produced by Loch Ness Productions.
- Orbital motions of the outer planets, moons, rings
- Characteristics of Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune
- Properties of planetary atmospheres, moons, rings, magnetic fields
- Processes of change in the outer solar system
- History of telescopic exploration of the outer planets
- Galileo's 17th-century planetary observations
- Modern ground-based observations
- Orbital trajectories and spacecraft instrumentation for planetary exploration